21 Most Powerful Content Marketing Tools 2020 – Internet’s Top Content Marketers Recommend
In this blog post, we are going to explore 2020’s 21 best content marketing tools and their features, which all top content marketers use and recommend.
Content is king! Yeah, we all know that – what’s new there? Well, one of the most startling statistics regarding content marketing is that almost 88% of B2B marketers rely on content marketing every day!
Most likely, you belong to that 88% as well.
But what makes the difference between the successful content marketers and those who are lagging behind? Well, content marketing involves a number of aspects and their successful implications – and without them, the campaign is unlikely to float.
However, there are many powerful tools for content marketers to help them get started with a rewarding content marketing campaign. If you are a marketer, these 21 content marketing tools, listed on this blog post, are the ones you simply can’t live without.
From researching fresh and profitable content ideas to developing enthralling content copy, from magnifying its visibility to finding the perfect sales funnel to boost up the ROI and revenue, these content marketing tools cover every single aspect out there!
So without further ado, let’s head straight to the topic!
21 Best Content Marketing Tools 2020
- Hubspot’s Blog Ideas Generator
- CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer
- Hemingway Editor
- Google Analytics
The first one on our list is BuzzSumo, one of the most useful content marketing tools for digging up new and currently popular content ideas for your campaign.
When it comes to content marketing, knowing the most trending topics and working on them will surely put you ahead of the curve. And what if you get to know the topic of your competitors as well? Sounds interesting, right? This is exactly what BuzzSumo can do for you.
The other features of BuzzSumo include:
- This tool will strengthen your campaign by revealing the most trending topics to write about.
- Get to know the best influencers based on your market to promote your content.
- Easily find the most shared content on the internet and learn the data behind it.
- This tool can give you alerts about any content that includes your keyword and also about the latest content posted by your competitors.
- Track the performance of contents published by your competitors and seamlessly get a list of all the top-performing content ideas.
2. Hubspot’s Blog Ideas Generator
Next, we have Hubspot’s Blog ideas generator. Much like Buzzsumo, this is another great tool to generate new and relevant ideas for your editorial calendar. The best part is its user-friendly interface. Digging up ideas has never been this easy.
The other features of Hubspot’s Blog ideas generator include:
- Get several headlines and content ideas instantly for your editorial calendar.
- Just put in three nouns, and this tool can immediately generate five ideas for you.
- Repeat your search, and you get more ideas – it’s that simple!
- With this tool, you can focus on inbound marketing and come up with a solid content marketing strategies.
- From curating content to optimization aspects, this tool can help you with every other aspect, you know.
Want to know what are the best topics to follow for content marketing? Well, Feedly is here to take care of that. To be honest, your content marketing strategy would not be complete without this tool.
This is perhaps the most convenient tool to follow the trendiest topics on the market based on your business and competitors. It will help you keep track of the sites you need to follow, and you will get to see all this information conveniently in one place.
The other features of Feedly include:
- Maintain your content calendar like a pro and keep all new topics and items ready for you to review.
- Easily find the best topics that fit as per your niche and build your strategy accordingly.
- It helps in developing your content ideas to make the best possible impact on the audience.
4. CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer
Just like the name suggests, CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer is the perfect tool for analyzing the content’s headline before publishing.
With this tool in place, you can improve your blog posts and articles with super-catchy headlines. We all know the importance of headlines, isn’t it!
The other features of CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer include:
- Based on the headline’s length and sentiment, this tool will analyze and give a perfect score to it.
- One of the best features of this tool is that it can provide you with super-helpful suggestions.
- It can recommend numerous helpful and actionable strategies to make your content headlines even better.
- This tool is absolutely free.
Next on the list, we have Airstory, a perfect content writing platform. This one is dedicated to all those who wish to take part in the writing and collaborating process of the campaign.
It’s a very powerful platform for all the writers out there, as it makes the content research a lot easier and more effective – bid goodbye to toggling hundreds of tabs to get the right information and embrace AirStory today.
The other features of Airstory include:
- With this tool, you can save famous quotes, images, and even use other multimedia files in the application you are writing on.
- This is a wonderful tool for collaborating as well.
- You can efficiently work on longer content such as books or e-books on this platform.
6. Hemingway Editor
To make your content marketing effective, the quality of your content should never be compromised. And that’s where Hemingway Editor comes into the picture. It will give you a fair idea about the readability of the content you are producing.
Hemingway Editor comes with a number of excellent features:
- It is the perfect tool that can review and make your writing more precise and effective.
- The tool works like a writing coach to your content.
- It discourages the use of passive voice and even long and difficult to understand sentences.
- It can also point out the usage of difficult words and suggest simpler solutions.
- Hemingway Editor is a wonderful tool to do an overall evaluation of your content before you publish it.
Effective content refers to grammatical-error-free content. And when it comes to contents’ grammar checking, Grammarly comes right at the top.
It is a unique tool that comes with multiple powerful features.
- It can check and rectify all the grammatical errors, spelling errors, and punctuation mistakes.
- This tool can point out all the difficult to read sentences and even tautology.
- Apart from the language perspective, premium accounts can enjoy a great plagiarism checker as well.
- An all-round content marketing tool that can fix language and guarantee authenticity as well.
SEMrush is the one-stop content marketing tool you need. This is where you get the best insights about search marketing.
What are your competitor’s favorite keywords? Do you know what their new campaigns look like? Well, SEMRush can tell you all of that!
The other features of SEMRush include:
- Easily find the top keywords based on your niche and beat your competitors.
- With this tool, you can discover new keywords in a jiffy.
- Thanks to the helpful insights and new keywords, you are always one step ahead of your competitors.
- Since you already know the best keywords to work upon, all you need to do is promote them.
Next, we have Ahrefs, another powerful tool for content marketing in terms of SEO. Just like SEMRush, this tool can also help you track the rankings of your keywords and come up with a proper analysis. Needless to say, it can give you a lot of insights about your competitors.
The other features of Ahrefs include:
- It’s a wonderful tool for analyzing websites and keywords.
- Easily get to know “The Top” pages of any website.
- Ahrefs also helps you discover the “content gap” in your campaign.
A content marketing campaign cannot be successful without optimizing the content experience. This is where Uberflip comes to your aid. It’s the perfect tool for enhancing the overall experience of your published content.
Needless to say, improving the user experience will lead to better impact and better sales.
The other features of Uberflip include:
- It’s a juxtaposition of content marketing tools, lead generations, and sales funnel. What can be better than that!
- Uberflip is an all-in-one tool that manages everything from blogs, videos, e-books, and more, to make the process much more streamlined.
- Easily build content hubs and sales channels with Uberflip.
- If you want to create enough hype for your content, then this is the tool you need.
Without a good design tool, your content creation is not likely to go a long way. If you are tired of using the same old stock images and willing to customize your own, then Canva is the tool for you.
Canva comes with some fantastic features and is very easy to use:
- With almost zero graphic designing skills, you can make stunning images and graphics on Canva.
- Thanks to the super-easy interface, almost anyone can use it.
- It offers you a wide array of pre-built templates and layouts to develop eye-soothing content.
- You can do pretty much anything with this tool, from creating compelling image-posts for social media like Pinterest to your blog cover photos.
- Easily drag and drop other elements to make the creative process even better.
Moving on, we have HotJar, one of the most sought-after user experience analytical tools for content marketing. Understanding the visitor’s experience after stumbling on to your content is crucial to make it better.
HotJar comes with features like:
- You get several qualitative tools like on-site polls, surveys, and other session replays.
- If other analytical tools can tell you the “what” and “where” about the user’s behavior, then this tool is here to tell you the “why” behind everything.
- You also get heat-maps with this tool, which presents you with a visual representation of the visitor’s tendencies.
13. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is quite famous for analyzing traffic data for your content marketing campaign. Considering content marketing without the aspect of measuring traffic is a fool’s decision.
This is perhaps the best digital analytics platform that can track business metrics easily.
The other features of Google Analytics include:
- This tool is absolutely free and is perhaps one of the most-user friendly platforms out there.
- Google Analytics is a very powerful and technically advanced tool to track your goals and visitors.
- Thanks to its features like behavioral events, you can gauge the tendencies of your visitors effortlessly.
Without brainstorming new ideas, your content marketing campaign is very likely to become stagnant. Hence, if you are looking for a tool to do it in a more organized way with your team, you need Evernote!
This tool gives you a proper space where you can brainstorm new ideas and share them with your team to make it better.
The other features of Evernote include:
- Quickly mount up all the accumulated information in one place and work together with your team.
- Save anything on this tool, and it can be accessed by anyone anywhere through any device.
- Sharing notes with your team has never been this easy.
Buffer takes care of social media marketing for your content marketing. If you are already running or planning to get started with one, Buffer will likely be your first choice.
The other features of Buffer include:
- With this tool, you can easily create eye-catching posts for different social media platforms.
- You can even schedule your posts at your convenience.
- Also, with its advanced analytics, you can keep track of the performance of your content.
If you are looking for the best tool to work upon your Twitter marketing, then this is it! Followerwonk not only helps you develop the Twitter campaign, but it also allows you to understand the audience out there using it.
The other features of Followerwonk include:
- Just easily integrate it with the Twitter platform, and you’ll get an in-depth analysis of the campaign.
- Easily find the followers, the major influencers, and other vital aspects.
- Nothing works better than this tool to improve your Twitter marketing plan.
Trello is the perfect tool to manage the content creation process. After all, without proper management, things are very much likely to go haywire.
This is where Trello steps in to help you collaborate with the team, create, schedule, post, and share your content.
The other features of Trello include:
- It can make the process quite smooth, especially if you have more than one writer working for you.
- It works as a project management tool and thus has multiple utilities.
- From experimenting with a product feature to creating a sales funnel, this is the tool you need.
- It’s a great editorial calendar tool as well.
When it comes to email marketing for your content, MailChimp stands strong. It’s one of the most affordable, flexible, and easy-to-use tools to automate your emails.
The other features of MailChimp include:
- With the new and advanced version of the tool, you can integrate Instagram and Facebook ads as well.
- Thanks to its massive amount of templates, automation of your sales funnel has never been this easier.
- You can now engage your customers even better and nurture relationships.
- Seamlessly perform A/B testing with a barrage of helpful tools.
If you want to trigger events and get a better reaction from your audience, then GetResponse is the tool you need. It works automatically and fetches the right information from your email marketing activities.
Needless to say, it plays a huge role in your content marketing as well.
The other features of GetResponse include:
- They can work upon multiple areas like your landing page and even your CRM.
- Being a marketing tool, it can even automate events and boost the campaign for your brand.
- It plays a significant role in revamping your content.
Creating proper outreach is very important in content marketing. To improve your outreach, you need OutreachPlus.
OutreachPlus comes with a plethora of handy features:
- It connects you with influencers and improves your visibility.
- Get to know the prospects worth nurturing and work on them.
- You can save a vast amount of time and improve your outreach in future campaigns.
Lastly, we have ClickFunnels that can create rewarding sales funnels to sell goods. These funnels will give you the perfect opportunity to sell your goods and services in a jiffy.
The other features of ClickFunnels include:
- Super-easy to use, and even complete novices can use it as well.
- Fun to use drag and drop facility enables you to use free in-built templates.
- Quickly perform market research and audience segmentation with this tool.
- Develop the perfect content strategy for your brand.
Final Thoughts on Content Marketing Tools
So, there you have it – 21 content marketing tools that will help you create and manage the most rewarding content marketing campaigns for your brand and business.
Remember, every single one of them possesses something unique and works towards a specific goal. Hence, feel free to do your research in order to use them in the best way possible for your business.
Plus, many of these are multipurpose tools that allow you to use them in different means to maximize your other digital marketing campaigns’ success.
So what is your go-to tool for content marketing? Let us know in the comment section below.
Also tell us, if you have any prior experience with any of the content marketing tools mentioned above or if you have used another tool for running and managing your content marketing campaigns.
Your experience and insights will indeed help our tens of thousands of readers and all the new-age content marketers out there.
Till then, best of luck!
Disclosure: This blog post doesn’t contain any affiliate links.
An advanced All-in-One Digital Marketing Course.
Mentored by Mr. Soumya Roy, the Founder, CEO of PromozSEO Web Marketing Academy.
- Reasons Your Business Needs to be on Instagram - September 16, 2021
- 7 Reasons Your Business Should Invest in Professional Content Creation - August 12, 2021
- 5 Ways You Can Improve Your Website’s Existing Backlinks - April 30, 2021