9 Powerful SEO and Digital Marketing Reporting Tools Used by Pro Freelancers and Agencies
As a reputed SEO or digital marketing freelancer or agency, you need to know your clients. You have to be aware of what your clients want, which KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are important to them and how they like to receive reports.
The point is that clients want to see evidence of their progress. Different clients want different types of KPIs concerning their SEO and online marketing performance. Some of them just want monthly traffic reports or keyword ranking updates. Others want every nitty-gritty like the number of impressions for long-tail keywords from a particular region on a particular date, bounce rate data, email open rates, video watch time, and many more. So, how as a marketing professional or agency you relay that information depends on the reporting tools you are using.
The following reporting tools should provide diverse solutions so that there are no grey areas with the amount of information you report to your clients. Most importantly, these tools will save your time, and at the same time will keep your clients happy and informed.
So, without any further ado let’s have a look at the 9 best SEO and digital marketing reporting tools that agencies and digital marketing pros rely on to report to the clients.
Megalytic is a web-based data collection software that collects information from various sources and transforms them into different formats like spreadsheets, CSV files, charts, graphs, and maps. It can easily connect to various data sources for reporting including Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Facebook Page, and PPC advertising insights.
Megalytic includes a number of templates for common reporting types such as website overview, blog performance, monthly comparison, SEO and more. It allows users to create mailing lists to automatically deliver reports as scheduled and then track to make sure they landed in the recipient’s inbox.
- Integration with popular data sources
- Customizable reports
- PPC tracking from Google Ads
- Web analytics from Google Analytics
- Scheduling and mailing lists
- Email delivery tracking
- Templates and Widgets
- Client dashboards
- Real-time updates
- 14 days of the free trial
- Basic plan – 39.99 US Dollars per month
- Enterprise – 399.98 US Dollars per month
Databox is a cloud-based business analytics tool designed for marketers and analysts. The tool offers one-click integration with a wide range of cloud services and databases for data import. It allows users to create custom analytics dashboard for multiple data sources that can be viewed on any device.
Databox lets you automate the client reporting process by accumulating data from various popular marketing software including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook advertisements, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. After connecting your clients’ services, Databox becomes the single platform where you can set goals, monitor progress, calculate ROI numbers, and receive alerts.
- Customizable dashboard
- Multiple data sources
- Daily scorecards and weekly summaries
- Multi-dashboard view
- Custom metrics, events, and statistics
- Personalized alerts
- Free – forever plan
- Monthly plan: Basic – 59 US Dollars per month, Business – 299 US Dollars per month
- Quarterly plan: Basic – 54 US Dollars per month, Business – 275 US Dollars per month
- Annual plan: Basic – 49 US Dollars per month. Business – 248 US Dollars per month
- For Agency pricing – Contact sales
Raven Tools is designed to manage search engine optimization, social media conversations, and online advertising campaigns efficiently. It is very much useful for agencies and professionals who need a few more advanced reporting features for their clients. This tool has a research center for analyzing competitors’ or target websites, features for scheduling social media updates, and trackers for link building campaigns.
With Raven, you can audit any website, conduct your clients’ backlink research, manage all your link building efforts, track all keywords, and research every competitor. You can report on anything from SEO to PPC, from social media to call tracking, from email marketing to link building, and many more.
- With Raven’s real-time social stream tool, you can monitor your clients’ business and participate in various social conversations.
- You can analyze your clients’ site against their competitors and compare backlinks, domain authority, page speed, loading time, and other metrics.
- Its drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to add the results of the tests in your report.
- Once the company is set up with Raven you can create customized mobile-friendly reports almost immediately.
- Its site-auditor crawls any website to get data about technical SEO.
- Free 14 day trial
- Monthly plan: Start – 109 US Dollars per month, Lead – 479 US Dollars per month
- Yearly plan: Start – 79 US Dollars per month, Lead – 399 US Dollars per month
DashThis is a cloud-based digital marketing reporting solution created for sales and marketing agencies and professionals to organize marketing data of their SEO, PPC, and SMM campaigns. It is primarily a dashboard tool that you can use to keep your clients up to date on performance throughout the month.
It enables users to compile their marketing data from various tools and build interactive dashboards that display the information they need and generate powerful, detailed reports in just a few clicks. The software supports and integrates with popular analytics and reporting platforms including Google Analytics, ClickMeter, Campaign Monitor, Bing Ads, and Ginzametricx among others.
- Preset templates and customization options
- Third-party integrations
- Campaign dashboards
- Drag & drop dashboard group creation
- CSV file upload & support
- Interactive dashboard viewer for clients
- Scheduled or automated reports
- Automatic dashboard dispatch via email
- 15-day free trial
- Monthly plan: Individual (3 dashboards) – 39 US Dollars per month, Enterprise (100 dashboards) – 599 US Dollars per month
- Yearly plan: Individual (3 dashboards) – 33 US Dollars per month, Enterprise (100 dashboards) – 499 US Dollars per month
AgencyAnalytics is another all in one SEO reporting software for agencies, marketing professionals and freelancers. It offers SEO auditing, PPC keyword tracking, backlink monitoring, social analytics, automated reporting, multiple third-party analytics integrations, custom branded dashboards, and more.
AgencyAnalytics addresses various site related issues including duplicate page content, meta descriptions, missing or duplicate page title, broken links, images missing ALT text, 404 errors, etc.
- Automated reporting
- Engagement monitoring
- Commenting on reports
- Local and global rank tracking
- Analytics integrations
- Call tracking metrics
- WYSIWYG report editor
- Custom branded dashboard
- 14-days of the free trial
- Monthly plan: Freelancer – 49 US Dollars per month, Enterprise – 499 US Dollars per month
- Yearly plan: Freelancer – 39 US Dollars per month, Enterprise – 399 US Dollars per month
SEMrush is one of the most SEO-focused reporting tools to help you take your clients’ projects to the next level. It tracks massive amounts of SERP data for more than 800 million keywords and 71 million domains including organic positions of domains and landing page URLs. The tool also lets you monitor Google Ads ad copies, positions, search volumes, CPC, competition, and much more.
- See competitors’ organic positions
- Domain-specific keyword ranking
- Position tracking
- Compare various SEO metrics
- Crawl audit tool
- Line graph and pie chart reports
- Compare several sites together
- Detailed and pin-point accurate ad data
- Monthly plan: Pro – 99.95 US Dollars per month, Enterprise – contact sales
- Annual plan: Pro – 83.28 US Dollars per month, Enterprise – contact sales
Majestic primarily is a backlink analysis platform. The tool provides link intelligence and domain metrics with respect to backlink histories, referring domains, anchor texts, keyword search volume to equip SEOs and marketing professionals with the information to improve their link building and SEO strategies.
- It tells you the number of backlinks and referring domains pointing to the site.
- It analyzes the backlinks of a competing site/page that you want to outrank.
- Majestic helps you find out the potential sources of backlinks for your own site/clients’ sites.
- It also helps you find out broken links pointing to the website.
- Monthly plan: Lite – 49.99 US Dollars per month, API – 399.99 US Dollars per month
- Annual plan: Lite – 41.67 US Dollars per month, API – 333.33 US Dollars per month
SE Ranking is one of the most effective SEO reporting tools that features a strong collection of SEO related metrics including keyword suggestions, current and historical position tracking, backlink analysis, and more.
It easily integrates with Zapier that allows users to integrate more than 1,000 apps and provide a high level of automation between apps like Salesforce, Google Apps, Klipfolio, and HubSpot.
- Keyword suggestion tool
- Keyword rank tracking
- On-Page SEO audit
- Position tracking
- Backlinks monitoring
- SEO reporting tools
- 14-day free trial
- Daily ranking checks: Personal – 7 US Dollars per month, Enterprise: 189 US Dollars per month
- Every 3 days checks: Personal – 5.6 US Dollars per month, Enterprise: 151 US Dollars per month
- Weekly ranking checks: Personal – 4.2 US Dollars per month, Enterprise: 113 US Dollars per month
- Discounts are available for 3-months, 6-months, 9-months, and annual plans.
SEOptimer is a website SEO checker that reviews websites to help you identify any website’s SEO performance, usability, security, and social media presence. It is not the most detailed in its analysis but provides a quick look that points out a website’s broader issues.
- It analyzes the key SEO objectives – headers, descriptions, links, keyword density, content, etc.
- It also analyzes page load speed, server response, page size, scripts, and image optimization.
- It checks for SSL, malware, etc.
- Analyzes visibility on major social media channels.
- Generates white-label PDF reports.
- Integrates with multiple web analytics tools.
- 14-day free trial
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) SEO – 19 US Dollars per month
- White Label & Embedding – 59 US Dollars per month
One thing you have to remember that your primary goal should be to communicate transparently with your clients and save your time in the process. These tools should help you achieve both. If you are still not sure about which tool will give you the maximum output then try out the free trials available for most of the tools. And finally, select the one from the list to achieve better client-communication and deliver high-quality services.
An advanced All-in-One Digital Marketing Course.
Mentored by Mr. Soumya Roy, the Founder, CEO of PromozSEO Web Marketing Academy.
Latest posts by Soumya Roy (see all)
- Top 10 Best Online Video Makers to Make Animated Videos for Marketing - February 14, 2020
- Top 10 Best SEO Agencies in Kolkata - February 12, 2020
- 5 Things You Must Do After Completing Your Digital Marketing Course – A Step By Step Guide - February 10, 2020