15 Best Content Development Tools and Techniques to Create Awe-Inspiring Content
What does it take to write killer content for your blog or website?
Well, if you are pretty confident about your creative flair, then I suggest you think again – as writing content for your blog/site as an integral part of your digital marketing strategy is quite different from writing a poem or a piece of literature in your leisure time!
So what’s the solution?
Well, use the powerful content writing tools – and that’s all you need to polish your content to make it highly profitable, in terms of building traffic and making sales!
In this post, I will be telling you about the top 15 content writing tools that can take care of all the aspects of your content development process.
From generating captivating blog topic ideas relevant to your niche, to researching keywords for boosting optimization, from making the content free of all the grammatical errors and plagiarism to promoting them on social media channels, these content writing tools will cover them all.
Remember, prosy topics and run-of-the-mill content cannot turn your digital marketing strategies a hit. Use these tools for content development for bringing something fresh and exciting to the table.
As we all know, content is the king, so, let’s see the state machinery need to make the king a true emperor!
15 Content Writing Tools
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator
- Google Trends
- Answer The Public
- Google Keyword Planner
- Calmly Writer
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer
1. Hubspot Blog Topic Generator
The content development process starts with choosing the right topic that will spellbind your readers. Isn’t it?
Without this, the rest of the system will be a waste of time and will eventually fall down. The Hubspot Blog Topic Generator can take care of this part of content development.
With this fantastic tool, you can generate not only relevant blog topic ideas based on your niche but also create compelling titles for the blogs. Some of its features are:
- To get exciting ideas for your blog, you have to enter five key-words related to your blog topic, and the tool will take care of the rest. Put the keywords in the text field, and instantly get a bunch of titles and topic ideas to choose from.
- Another great thing about this tool is that the ideas generated by your search will never be disclosed to anyone. This ensures the uniqueness of your posts.
- Plus, just by submitting a few basic information about you, you can generate around 250 breathtaking content topics that you can develop for the next few months.
2. Portent’s Content Idea Generator
There is always room for improvement and never a shortage of ideas. To keep the ideas pouring in, Portent’s content idea generator is our next favorite content development tool you can indeed vouch for.
Packed with some fantastic features, it can definitely aid in the overall content development and marketing process. Its features are:
- Just add the keywords in the text box, press enter, and seamlessly generate killer content titles in a jiffy!
- You can refresh the search results until you are satisfied with the generated titles.
- Besides ideating 20+ topics in every search, it also helps you with some powerful digital marketing tools like Portent’s SEO Page Review Chrome Extension, the SERP Preview tool, etc.
3. Google Trends
Another very useful and versatile tool for content writers is Google Trends. This amazing tool can easily help you determine the search volume along with the popularity of any particular topic or term based on a given period of time. But that’s not all. It has a number of other features in store:
- Get to know about the trending topics on Google – filter results based on your location and category.
- Understand the latest trends in your industry, as well as the search tendencies of your targeted keywords.
- Easily come up with trending topic ideas to write blogs on and drive massive traffic to your website.
4. Answer The Public
AnswerThePublic is undoubtedly one of the unique tools for content creators on the internet. This tool allows you to find various questions based on a given topic.
With voice search is on the peak, content developers, writers, and marketers should focus on creating conversational content that answers all the possible questions related to the topic. And for that, tools like, AnswerThePublic is certainly handy.
- Just enter the topic/keyword, and this tool will help you find the relevant questions that people are asking around it on the internet.
- With a simple search, you will have access to all the questions related to your targeted term in a table format or as visualization.
5. Google Keyword Planner
Without the proper set of keywords, it’s almost impossible for your content to drive traffic to your website. To have an exceptional grasp of what people are searching for related to your topic on search engines, explore Google Keyword Planner.
- You can unwrap the exact search volumes of each keyword if you run a Google Ads campaign.
- The tool can help you discover relevant keyword ideas in multitudes.
- You can even analyze the keywords your competitor content creators and bloggers have used in similar content.
When it comes to content development, Buzzsumo is definitely one of my personal favorites. It is also one of the most used internet marketing tools and preferred by big gun digital marketers and agencies.
The tool has a simple user interface, but the functionalities it provides make Buzzsumo an irreplaceable tool for content development. If you have always been banging your head to find the best content ideas for your next blog post, then BuzzSumo can come to your aid.
With its suggestive list of popular content on the web, you can get an abundance of ideas that can help you develop something fresh and relevant to your blog/website.
- Spot the most popular and shared content ideas and posts across various social media networks and have an intensive report on them.
- Get helpful alerts whenever new content is published somewhere on the internet, which is relevant to your keywords.
- Quickly analyze your competitors by having a closer look at the performance of their posts.
Quora is an excellent platform to get answers to all your questions. From ordinary people to erudite experts, everyone is there to help people find answers and solutions to their queries.
However, you can use this platform to produce a bunch of brilliant content ideas along with loads of topical questions and pointers.
- Browse through the platform to check the relevant topics being discussed by the members of the platform.
- Read the upvoted answers to various questions related to your current content topic.
- You can also post your questions and traverse through the answers shared by the experts. This can help you a lot in developing your content structure.
8. Calmly Writer
As the name suggests, Calmly writer perhaps has the simplest interface that is user-friendly and distraction-free. This brilliant text editor will help you proofread your content, make it better, and even help you with a bunch of other features.
- It comes with a cloud backup feature that saves your writing whenever you make any changes to it.
- It also allows you to import and export your files in a plethora of file formats like HTML, word file, PDF, etc.
- Thanks to its focus mode feature, whenever you edit the content, it highlights the paragraph you are working on.
If you are looking for the best and most compact content proofreading tool, then Hemmingway is the one for you. This is definitely a must-have tool for any writer from all walks of life.
Hemmingway will scan your writing and will help you make it more unique, concise, and clear. Hemmingway will indicate and eradicate all the complex structured sentences and even point out the difficult words and unnecessary usage of passive voice etc.
- The Hemmingway app can definitely improve your writing style a lot. With this at hand, you can easily rectify the content and make it flawless and succinct without complex words and phrases. Plus, it can improve the readability of your website content to a great extent.
- It has a color-coded indication for errors, which makes it very easy to visualize the mistakes. You get different colors indicating different types of errors.
- The Hemmingway Readability Grade score indicates how easy or difficult the content to read. Any number below Grade 9 is considered good and easy to go through the content.
When it comes to creating effective blog content, making it grammatically and language-wise impeccable is essential. Grammarly can help you do that.
It is perhaps the perfect grammar checking tool on the internet, which comes with a bunch of advanced English language correction features.
Just put up your content, and this tool can indicate all the grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and even the wrong use of words in a given context. It can also suggest vocabulary preferences for a particular line or the entire paragraph.
- It allows you to quickly find out and correct grammar and spelling errors in your content.
- The tool also suggests punctuation; improve your sentence structure and vocabulary.
- The Grammarly premium tool has a very advanced plagiarism detector that can compare your content against no less than 16 billion webpages.
11. CoSchedule Headline Analyzer
Just like the name suggests, CoSchedule Headline Analyzer will help you come up with some brilliant and catchy headlines for your blog posts or other online content. Needless to say, without an eye-popping headline, it’s going to be incredibly challenging to entice visitors to your content.
- It is a one-of-a-kind tool that gives you a rating for your content headline/title as per the sentence construction, use of words, grammar, and spelling.
- Its word balance analysis shows how emotional and powerful your headline is. The more uncommon, emotional, and power words in the headline will make it more captivating.
- The tool lets you check the length of your content headline and also indicates if it goes too long.
Without attractive visual graphics and imageries, your written content might not do well in drawing the attention of your prospective audience and clients (especially on social media platforms).
If you wish to create impactful visual creatives, then Canva is the tool for you – with this tool around, creating visual content is easier than ever. There is no need to bust your brains out for ideas or even pay a lot of money to professionals for designing the visuals.
- This tool offers you a wide range of free templates that you can use as per your content image requirement.
- You can also try the Canva premium version if you feel like it offers you a ton of extra features that can make your content anything less than professionally crafted.
In just three short years, Unsplash has managed to earn a reputation for itself as the most reliable source for royalty-free images.
Images are indeed very much vital for your content creation and marketing process. Unsplash can be immensely beneficial in this case.
- Get the best resolution and high-definition stock photos to incorporate into your content.
- Easy navigation allows you to find exactly what you need.
- Oodles of royalty-free photos can make your content on social media stand out, and an instant hit.
With such a huge volume of content getting posted every day on the internet, how can you assure that your content is original, especially if you outsource them? Well, become absolutely sure every time you publish something on your blog/website, with CopyScape, a premium tool for checking the plagiarism in your content.
- Thanks to the advanced technology, your content is always thoroughly checked with billions of other sources on the internet.
- Thanks to the Copysentry scan, you will always get notified if someone copies your content.
- It also provides a robust content protection service that defends your content from being copied.
Social media promotion is essential to keep a rewarding online presence for your business. Make your content compelling and impactful on all major social media channels easily with Hootsuite.
- Manage all your social media content easily in one place with this comprehensive tool.
- Get essential suggestions regarding content development.
- Create and schedule your posts easily and save a lot of time.
- The tool allows you to track your content’s performance and determine the next step.
In a Nutshell
Your content ought to stand out from the rest in order to leave a lasting impact and build an emotional connection with your readers and customers.
It’s quite obvious that you can’t come up with innovative content ideas every time. Especially if you are the owner of a company, you have to divide your time prudently to deal with other business dealings as well.
This is where these content writing tools can come to your aid and make your content development process smoother and more streamlined.
Generate perfect topic ideas, gather relevant keywords and facts, attach a few stunning pictures and visuals, and lastly, make them free of any grammatical and plagiarism disputes – and boom – you have the perfect content ready!
So what’s your secret ingredient for crafting killer content? Did we miss out on any content development tool that you use? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Also, we hope that these tools for content writers and creators will help you with your creative writing process and build a long-lasting emotional bond with your readers and consumers.
Disclosure: This content doesn’t contain any affiliate link.
An advanced All-in-One Digital Marketing Course.
Mentored by Mr. Soumya Roy, the Founder, CEO of PromozSEO Web Marketing Academy.
- Reasons Your Business Needs to be on Instagram - September 16, 2021
- 7 Reasons Your Business Should Invest in Professional Content Creation - August 12, 2021
- 5 Ways You Can Improve Your Website’s Existing Backlinks - April 30, 2021